Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Christmas Season Begins!

It is only November 24 and I already have 95% of my Christmas shopping done.

Are you impressed? I mean, it is barely past Thanksgiving. I still have leftover turkey in my fridge! I seriously have maybe 5 more presents to buy. AND, that covers all of my present buying for December and January birthdays as well...which there are a TON! I mean, my Halloween candy isn't even gone yet and I only have 5 more presents to buy! To make things even better, I already picked out and ordered my photo Christmas cards. And they are ready to be picked up! Our Christmas tree is up and all that is left as far as decorating goes is hanging our outside lights. Sometimes I amaze myself.

As we hung the decorations on the tree, we smartly put the breakable ornaments up higher and the unbreakable ones on the bottom. We also put a Superyard XT Play Yard around the tree. Jim and I decided we didn't want to be telling Cade, "No! Don't touch the tree" for the next month or so. This just makes everything a little safer. However, we both apparently underestimated Cade's height. This morning Cade reached over the play yard and touched the ornaments. Then this evening he pulled one off the tree and brought it to Jim to show him. I guess we need to move some ornaments a few more branches up!

Thanks Mom and Dad for helping us get our decorations up! Couldn't have done it without you! And Mom and Angel thanks for being my shopping partners!

1 comment:

Angel said...

As always I will be your shopping buddy :)

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...