Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Today It Was Bird Poop

I figured the title of this post would get your attention if nothing else.


The other day I mentioned that Cade had eaten some fertilizer (a.k.a. manure) out of the grass that had been recently over seeded. Well, since the grass has been over seeded we have had a LOT of birds in our yard. The birds apparently feast in our grass then walk onto our patio to poop before they leave.

Cade and I went out back to play this morning after breakfast. I noticed that there was a lot of bird poop on our patio, so ran in to grab the broom to sweep it away. I contemplated bring Cade inside with me, but I knew he was physically safe where he was--especially since finding the broom would only take a matter of seconds. I knew if I pulled him inside, he would scream and cry and his sleeping, recovering from surgery Daddy would not be too happy. So I left him for like two seconds.

Have you ever seen the public service announcements about drowning? The ones that say "It Only Takes a Second!" Don't worry. Cade didn't drown or even get anywhere near water to drown in. I told you I knew he was physically safe when I left him for the one millionth of the second that I did. But, when I came back, I noticed that he was chewing and swallowing something and that there was brown drool on his face. I am pretty sure he picked up some bird poop off of the patio and ate it. I was so grossed out. For some reason, in my mind, eating bird poop is much worse than eating fertilizer which is in essence cow poop.

BOYS! They are soooo gross!

As an update on Jim, he is recovering very well. Especially since I hunted down Guitar Hero III for him to play. It only took 8 phone calls and trips to three different stores. YIKES!

1 comment:

K said...

OMG, coffee just came out my nose! I absolutely love it. Bird Poop! You know you can use that one when he's 16 and socially-emotionally vulnerable.

Kisses!

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...