Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Moment of Silence

Confession.

There is a part in our church service for confession. The pastor gives us a moment of silence in which we are supposed to confess our sins to God. I had a girlfriend tell me the other day that she doesn't always have anything to confess in that moment of silence. I looked at her in awe. NOTHING to pray or confess about? I have always thought that the time we are given to confess is way to short! My list of sins are so lengthy, I need more like an hour of silence for confession instead of the minute I get.

So what is the difference between us? This friend is a sweet, loving, generous person who would do ANYTHING you needed her to. But it is her faith and love for God that makes her so wonderfully different. She is a true believer--and a true example of a Christian living a Christian life. She says she tries very hard to live her life so that people will see her and want to have the same relationship with God that she has. She never wants to do anything that would make her a hypocrite or turn someone away from God based on her actions.

She is amazing to me. I have a difficult time sharing with people what I believe. I have a harder time living what I believe. Oh, I can do the actions. I can "talk the talk". But I have a much harder time when it comes down to "walking the walk". In a way I am almost jealous of my friend and her ability to let go and let God. She is so calm and so at peace. It is something to be in awe of. But jealousy is a sin. Great...add it to my list for Sunday!

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...