Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Turkey Day

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.

Today is only Tuesday. I know Thanksgiving isn't until Thursday, but let's be honest...I have so much to do between now and then that I won't have time to blog to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.

Tomorrow Cade has his 15 month check-up. Another round of shots. Wish us luck. He usually does just fine and they are over so quick the nurse is usually done before he realizes it hurt a little and he should cry. So, he barely cries at all. A little Tylenol after that and we should be golden.

Tomorrow night my parents are having their annual Thanksgiving Eve Party. I asked my mom if I could help, so I am making one of the appetizers. She apparently gave me the gross one to make. Not that the appetizer is gross, just the making of it. And I am not saying which one I am making because if someone who goes to the party reads this, I don't want them to know which one I made and have them not like it. I am crazy, I know.

Then of course, I have to have time to organize Black Friday shopping. I have to go through what I have already purchased for friends and family and decide what else I need. Then we have to go through the ads and make our plan of attack for shopping. I think we will totally skip Kohl's this year since the last two years the lines there have been hours long--and they have been out of what we were looking for anyway.

But, I don't want to ignore the true purpose of Thanksgiving. It is a time to give thanks. So I am going to make a list of the top five things I am thankful for. I encourage anyone who reads this to do the same...and if you can, post it in my comments so others can see it, too. Happy Thanksgiving!

Top Five Things I am Thankful For:
1. My Family and Friends and everyone that has ever lit the flame within me.
2. Being employed (not that I love to work, but I am grateful for the fact that Jim and I are both able to work and have jobs)
3. Having Bills to pay (not that I love to pay the bills, but it means that I have a home to pay for)
4. Having laundry to do (not that I love to do laundry, but it means that I have people I care about living with me and that they have clothes to wear)
5. Having dishes to wash (not that I love to do dishes, but that means we have food to eat)
6. Having to change dirty diapers (not that I love to do that, but that means I have a healthy, beautiful baby)

Okay...so I got to six. Please remember to post your comments.
Happy Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

Blade said...

Happy Turkey Day Sis. Wish I could celebrate with you guys, but at least I'll get to see you all for Xmas this year. Give my nephew a big hug for me. Love you guys.

Angel said...

Happy Turkey Day!

1. Friends and Family
2. A house over my head
3. Laughter
4. Being Employeed
5. Being Loved

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...