Monday, November 12, 2007

My Son ate Manure and Other Things that Happened Today

We had a busy day today. And strange things happened!
Busy Day:
  • Wake up
  • Eat Breakfast
  • Dishes
  • Laundry
  • Play Outside
  • Nap
  • Lunch at Olive Garden
  • Deliver Baby Present #1 to expecting Mom #1
  • Nap
  • Snack
  • Deliver Baby Present #2 and meet new baby Brielle
  • Dinner with girlfriends
  • Coupon Sense Shopping with another girlfriend

Strange Things
  • While we played outside, Cade ate manure from our recently over seeded and fertilized grass. GROSS!
  • As we drove up to the Olive Garden, we saw a lady laying on the ground. As we parked an ambulance and fire truck pulled in to help!
  • I gave 2 baby presents out in one day! You would think it was spring time or something! I also mailed another one last week!
  • I met baby Brielle. She is not strange...she is an absolutely beautiful teeny, tiny baby girl. However, she is the one I posted about earlier with the Trisomy 18 chromosomal disorder. But, at just a week old, she is defying odds and breathing and eating all on her own!
  • I took a friend Coupon Sense shopping. At one store she got: (3) Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes, (3) boxes Betty Crocker Potatoes, (1) can of Betty Crocker Frosting, (3) boxes of Farmland Sausage, (1) can of Grands Biscuits, and (2) 3-pack Dial Soap Bars. After coupons, her total was $0.40. Yes. FORTY CENTS! My friend was afraid to leave the store. I think she was afraid she was stealing...

Well, that was my day in a nutshell. Hope you had a good day, too! Happy Veteran's Day!

By the way...Jim is having his hernia surgery tomorrow. Please send happy thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

Angel said...

As usual your the funniest person I know.

And a very many prayers are being sent because of Jim's surgery. Some of them are for his quick and painless surgery...the rest are for you and your sanity.

Boys are such babies!

K said...

Praying for Jim (and you) and missing you (and Jim, at little anyway)!

Oh, and manure is fertilizer, so it will just help him grow! and we all know that boys of all ages are fascinated by poop.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...