Sunday, November 4, 2007

Thanks for Being My Lean-To's

“The journey of the human spirit has tiring searches, long stretches of grief and letting go, dark-hearted things that steal the energy from our spirits. At these times we need lean-tos. Our lean-tos can be anyone or anything that brings us a sense of hope, a pause from pain, a bit of strength to sustain us, a little vision for guidance, a touch of happiness.

We have a wonderful lean-to in God whose heart always welcomes us and provides refuge for us. We often have people who stand by us and offer warmth, support and refuge. Little comforts and glimmers of hope that we do not notice when we are strong become very significant for us when we are weak: a smile, a song, a sunrise, a bird’s chirp, a phone call or a letter. In all these we rest our woes and our weariness and draw strength for our recovery.”
-Author Unknown
This was in an email from the Bishop of our church. He has recently undergone major surgery and by the grace of God is well on his way to full recovery. In this email, he was thanking his friends and family for being his support system. For being his "lean-to's".
It is in time of need when we most clearly see who our true supporters are. And it is usually in the time of need when we make most of our requests for support to God. However, God, our family, and our friends are always there whether or not there is a "need". So at this point--when I am happy to report that we currently have no "needs"-- I want to thank God, my family, and my friends for being my lean-to's...Thanks for always being my support system. You are the best!

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...