Monday, November 19, 2007

What Should I Be Worried About?

Yesterday was our anniversary.

Jim and I have been married for seven years. To celebrate, we went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We absolutely love the food there, but due to the price, we reserve our visits there for special occasions. We have gone to Ruth's Chris every anniversary. Sometimes I wonder if that is why Jim stays married to me...so he gets at least one meal there a year?! Hmmm...

My mother and father-in-law were kind enough to baby-sit Cade so we could enjoy a nice dinner together. We ordered the "Meal for Two" which comes with everything from the salad to the dessert. Jim and I both ordered Caesar salads. However, apparently they ran out of Caesar salads after we ordered. Our waiter discovered this after we waited for our salads for 10-15 minutes. I wasn't really paying attention. I was enjoying my martini and the bread. We really were not overly concerned. When our waiter told us, we picked a different salad--no big deal. Our waiter apologized, the manager came and apologized... They ended up comping us my martini and giving us a free dessert. Well, a dessert came with our meal, and they gave us another free dessert since it was our anniversary. We got THREE desserts. We ate one there and took two cheesecakes home with us. We gave one to Jim's Mom to enjoy as a thank you for baby-sitting.

On the way home from Ruth's Chris (I was driving since Jim is technically still under doctor orders for no driving--which unfortunately slightly limited the amount I could drink at dinner since Jim is usually my DD) Jim said kind of randomly that I could have the aisle seat on the way to Hawaii since Cade will be in the middle and not take up a lot of room. I was kind of shocked. This is what he was thinking about? This was our conversation:

Me: "That is what you are worried about? Where we will sit on the plane on our way to Hawaii in FOUR months?!"

Him: "Well, what should I be worried about?"

In my head I run through a list about a mile long of things I think about and worry about but I am too dumbfounded to say anything to him. So, I say nothing...

Don't get me wrong, I am totally excited about the trip to Hawaii. Now that we have bought our airline tickets, it feels even more real. However, there is A LOT going on between now and then and thinking about the logistics of that trip with have to wait!

1 comment:

Angel said...

Wanted: Willing and able bodied female seeks a loving family who is willing to allow her to carry their bags, change their childs diaper, clean up generally gross messes, and most importantly fetch their drinks. Only compensation requested is a flight ticket to said destination, a sleeping bag to sleep in, and occasionally leaving a sip or two behind in their alcoholic beverages.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...