Monday, January 7, 2008

It's Important

Cade is going through a phase...Please, let it be a phase.

He only wants me. I thought at first that it was kind of sweet. I like to be his favorite. But then I realized that I can't do anything except take care of him. For example, I thought Jim could give Cade a bath tonight so I could finish sorting through the MOUNTAINS of papers in the office. Mom had helped me clear out some space in here, so I really wanted to finish the filing, etc to make the office look great. But, Cade cried and cried until I started his bath.

As Cade was in the bath, Jim brought me the phone and said it was Angelia and she said it was important. (At this point you would think that Jim would offer to finish Cade's bath so I could talk to a friend who had something important to tell me, but instead he just walked away.) Angelia proceeded to tell me about this bus accident that happened in Utah. Apparently our fellow store employee and her family were on this bus. All of the news I have received is second hand, but rumors were that Debbie, our co-worker, is on life support. Her husband and son are injured, but the injuries are not life-threatening...but her daughter was possibly dead. Oh My God! That is all I could think to say. First out of shock--then as a quick prayer.

As I post this, I want to cry. I wouldn't say Debbie and I are good friends, but we are always friendly. She is fun and energetic. Easy to talk to and a hard worker. She is a mom who just wanted to enjoy some time with her family. Please pray for her and her family.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
As for the bath thing.... Em's almost 7 and she has her moments of only wanting one of us... usually she wants Daddy when I want to cuddle and she wants Mommy when she... well most of the other times. But remember Boys are usually Mama's.
Good Luck and remember it doesn't hurt to let them cry once in a while.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...