Thursday, January 31, 2008

Two Weeks?!

I can only imagine.

My friend Noelle, and her husband, Josh have been told that their baby, Brielle has maybe two weeks to live. I can only imagine what they must be feeling at this moment. They have known since Noelle was pregnant that Brielle had Trisomy 18 disorder. But they also had faith in God and in the power of prayer. Brielle has done amazingly well for a baby with Trisomy 18 and defied the odds stacked against her for several months. But it seems that now her little heart is failing and unable to keep up with the demands of her body.

Noelle and Josh are amazing people. Through all of this they have been a tower of strength for their children, and those around them. They have faced difficult decisions and faced them with faith in God and each other. Tonight, instead of hiding in their house in grief they had a prayer service at their church for baby Brielle. Noelle, instead of cursing God and crying, was praising Him and encouraging others. Apparently Noelle and Josh have found a peace. A peace which passes all understanding on my part. Throughout all of this--and they are not done by any means--they have found the strength to "let go, and let God".

I pray that I am never put in the situation that Noelle, Josh, and family are in. But, I pray that if I were that I would have the faith and love that this family has shown. I have asked for prayers for them before, but they are needed now, more than ever.

Here are the lyrics from a Mercy Me song that has been in my head since I heard about Noelle.

I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By your side
I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face
Is before me
I can only imagine
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still W
ill I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the Son
I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever Forever worship You
I can only imagine

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That's so sad. I pray that this is one of those times that the doctors are wrong and that God will be devine.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...