Saturday, January 5, 2008

Peek-a-boo!

Cade and I were playing today.

I would hide around a corner in the house and wait for Cade. He would walk my way, see me, and I would yell Peek-A-Boo! Cade would screech and laugh and run away. I would hide again...you get the pattern. Between our kitchen and front living/dining room, there are two doorways. Cade was in front of one of them and I went through the other to hide by the fridge. I fully expected Cade to come around the corner--since he would assume I went that way, but after a minute or two of standing there, I stuck my head around the fridge. Cade was waiting for me to come through his doorway. He was the one hiding now. It amazed me that he waited that long--and was willing to wait longer.

We also went furniture shopping today. Okay, so we went with my Mom and Dad--and they were the ones shopping. So how did I end up being the one buying furniture? Not sure. However, we desperately needed a new couch. I loved our old one. It was big and comfy--but it was cream colored. And it was a sectional. Both which worked in our old house--and when we didn't have a child...but does not work now. So, we got a new sofa and love seat. Dark brown leather. Should be exactly what we need. I called Jim who was at work to tell him what I had found. This was our conversation:

Me: Hey...I found a sofa. Think we should buy it? It is dark brown leather.
Jim: Sure. Should match our room perfectly.
Me: Well, we weren't planning on buying a sofa today, but this store is going out of business and it is a great deal.
Jim: I sink in our couch now--we need a new one.
Me: Okay, well do you want me to wait until you get off work to come and look at it?
Jim: Does it matter? Does it really matter what I think?
Me: Well, umm.... Yes.
Jim: You don't have to lie to me. If you like it, get it.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cade is growning up so fast!
The conversation with Jim sounds about like a conversation I would have with Bri... But after 13 years together and 9 years of marriage... I don't bother with the phone calls. I just do it and deal with it later.

Angel said...

Laughing my butt off at that one. I can't believe you still call him...I gave up on that a long time ago. After almost 10 years together I dont bother with phone calls either.
But I totally can hear that conversation in my head. And I am sooo sad to hear your getting rid of the beloved cream couch... :(

K said...

He is getting better!
He thought about it and gave you good reasons as to why YES, you do indeed need the new furniture. As to whether it looks good or not, I kind of agree with him. Does it really matter if he likes it or not? Women around the world would kill for men so well trained. ;)

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...