Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mississippi

If you can say Mississippi without spitting or lisping, be glad.

I have had TMJ for years. The pain in my jaw flares up, settles down...but never goes away. I have found that having a one year old makes it flare up. So, finally tired of dealing with the pain, the headaches, the muscle spasms, I went to an orthodontist.

I should never have gone.

Today, I got the first step in my three step process--that will HOPEFULLY (not definitely) lead to freedom from TMJ. It is an appliance called Kois. It is basically like a retainer. And basically, it makes me unable to speak. And I have to work 12 hours tomorrow. Talking. Should be interesting. According to the orthodontist, after three days of wearing it, I won't even be aware of it. Yeah right. We will see.

I should have had this done in junior high or high school. When everyone looked like a dork. And when my parents could have paid for it!

2 comments:

K said...

Now you can talk funny just like Brandon! I talked him into letting me take before and after pictures next month when he gets his braces on. He made me promise not to show the pictures on his wedding day. Little does he know that would be better suited for the rehearsal dinner!

Jennifer said...

Could always be worse. At least you can take it out from time to time. Brian needed braces as a child and his father told him that if he could eat there was no need for it. A few years ago Brian's father took him to the dentist for an emergency, when he couldn't drive. The dentist went up one side of his father and back down the other for never getting him braces. But, at 34, it's a bit too much now. Oh, well.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...