Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Life Lessons

Monday morning I got up with Cade.

As we walked down the stairs, it was very noticeably colder downstairs. Like the heat wasn't on. And sure enough, my thermostat was BLANK. Nothing on it at all. No error message, nothing. Just gone. I called Dad to get the number for the company they have used. Called the company...they said they would be out early that morning.

Two guys came to fix my thermostat. I had figured out since the time I had called that I could manually turn the heat on. So, I assumed that it was just the thermostat. It was the thermostat. Well, more like the batteries that run it. I assumed that the thermostat was hard wired since we have lived here for several years--and are almost always running the heat or AC and have never replaced batteries in them before.

So, the good news is that nothing was wrong with the heater or the thermostat. Bad news is that it cost me $59 for the service call. Jim, being a smart alec said that those were expensive batteries. Then I had to inform him that they were our batteries. I didn't even get the two AA batteries for my $59. Oh well. You live and learn.

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...