Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Merry New Year!

I know...it is supposed to be Happy New Year.

But that line is from one of my favorite funny movies to watch: Trading_Places.

Billy Ray: Merry New Year!
Beeks: That's "happy." In this country we say "Happy New Year."
Billy Ray: Oh, ho, ho, thank you for correcting my English which stinks!

It is funny. You should watch the movie if you have never seen it.

Last night was New Year's Eve. I had the pleasure of spending it with my husband, and my brother and nephews from Wisconsin. We made panini sandwiches on my new panini grill and Josh and I shared a pitcher (or two) of Amaretto Sours. We played card games...and of course Guitar Hero. We watched the ball drop at midnight and toasted with champagne and sparkling cider for those underage. We had fortune cookies--which all had nice fortunes in them. A great way to bring in the new year.

But today, Josh and the boys had to leave. We really enjoyed having them here--and we will miss them tremendously. Cade cried very hard when they left (until I distracted him with teddy grahams and juice) and I did too. It is hard to live so far away from people you love but how fortunate we were to be able to share Christmas and New Year's with them!

So to those that I could not spend time with this holiday season, MERRY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Blade said...

I had a great time with you all on xmas and new years and the quiet days in between. Thanks for putting me up while we were there. Wish you guys were closer as I always enjoy spending time with you and Jim and my favorite nephew.

Talk to you soon Sis.

FeedBurner FeedCount

About Me

A wife and mother of one sweet boy who I affectionately refer to as my little monkey shine...